The National Condom Distribution Service (NCDS) is a central point for distributing free condoms and lubricant sachets to services working directly with population groups who may be at increased risk of negative sexual health outcomes.
The service facilitates statutory agencies/ bodies, third level institutions and NGOs to help promote condom usage and help prevent unplanned pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections.
The service supports sexual health campaigns and services targeting young people and MSM communities. Condoms and lubricant sachets should be provided through a variety of channels, such as sexual health education programmes, HSE clinical/ non-clinical services, outreach work and events.
The NCDS was established by HSE Health Promotion & Improvement in 2015 to assist in meeting the strategic aims of the National Sexual Health Strategy 2015-2020; to improve sexual health and wellbeing; and to reduce negative sexual health outcomes such as STIs and crisis pregnancies.
Please click here to view the NCDS Report of Activities for 2018
To avail of the service, agencies/services must agree and commit to the Terms and Conditions of the National Condom Distribution Service (NCDS).
Please read the Terms & Conditions relating to this service here.
By submitting an application form, you are agreeing to the Terms & Conditions set down by the HSE and agree to submit yearly reports to the HSE Sexual Health and Crisis Pregnancy Programme. The HSE will contact organisations with the NCDS Reporting Form and a requirement to complete on a yearly basis.
You will need to fill out the application form, which can be accessed here, and submit the completed form to email@example.com
You will need to ensure you are signed up to www.healthpromotion.ie. To register for this service, go to www.healthpromotion.ie click on Order Publications and look for Create an Account. This is a one-off process and it will permit you to access the NCDS once your application has been approved.
Once your application has been reviewed and approved, we will send a password to the email address you included on your application form (for ordering purposes). This process may take up to two weeks from receipt of your application form. This password will permit you to access a restricted section on www.healthpromotion.ie where you can order condoms and lubricant.
Once your application is approved and you have received your access code, please follow the below process to order condoms and lube sachets on www.healthpromotion.ie.
- On the homepage of www.healthpromotion.ie you will see a ‘Search Publications’ section on the right hand side. Click on the drop down arrow under the heading ‘Category’ and select ‘Sexual Health’. This will bring you to all HSE sexual health materials.
- Use your login to access the 'Professional' side of the website where you can order condoms and lubricant sachets. To login enter your email address (address you provided on the application form for ordering purposes) and the password sent to you. Then click on the ‘Login’ tab.
- When the page opens, look to the right hand side of the page and you will see a section referenced ‘Restricted Publications'; click this tab and it will open access to the Condom and Lubricant sachets products.
- You can order condoms and lubricant sachets by clicking on the ‘order’ tab under each item. After ordering the first item, a tab will appear called ‘Continue shopping’. You need to click on this tab to order another item.
- When you have ordered what you want, click the tab called ‘Checkout’ on the right hand side of the page to complete your order.
- At this point, you need to submit a quantity for each item (as outlined in your application form) and click the tab called ‘confirm quantities’. Another page will appear and you need to click on the tab called ‘Go to checkout’.
- Here you include your name, address, email address and contact number, and click on the ‘Send’ tab. Your order will be processed and will be delivered to you within 5-10 working days.
If you experience any difficulty using this service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding for this service is provided for by the HSE.